Why Choose Storm Panels?
One of the best ways to minimize damage to your home during a hurricane is to cover your windows and doors with storm panels or shutters. There are many types available, but all require advance planning so they’re ready to go when a storm is heading your way. Forget about purchasing new plywood every time there’s a storm—instead, switch to a permanent solution that offers unrivaled storm security. Armor Storm Protection offers cutting-edge products that are cost-efficient, easy to install and only take minutes to deploy. The panel locks securely into place to keep the elements on the outside and reduce dangerous uplift pressure on your roof from the inside.
Easily stored for your convenience
Hurricane panels are much easier to handle than heavy plywood sheets and are easily stored away when not in use. We know how space can be an issue for many homeowners, this is why Armor storm panels nest compactly in a neat stack taking up very little storage space for your convenience. Headers, tracks, and sills come in white or bronze and the panels themselves come in mill finish or clear. We offer corrugated aluminum or steel hurricane panels that are extremely strong with each individual panel overlapping one other for added strength. They can be installed on permanently mounted tracks or bolted in place. We also offer polycarbonate plastic (Lexan) that is available in corrugated panels and are installed in mounted tracks or bolted in place. Plastic storm panels come in clear, translucent, and opaque styles. Unlike plywood or metal, they allow light and outward visibility into and out of your home during a storm.
Learn more about the benefits of easy-to-hang storm panels:
- Lightweight, easier to handle than plywood
- Corrugated design adds strength
- Mounting hardware pre-installed for quick deployment
- Small storage requirement, corrugated panels stack together
- Can be reused unlike plywood
- Storm panels will not attract termites
- Available in Steel, Aluminum or Clear Lexan
- Protects openings from wind-driven rain
- Most inexpensive of the permanent shutter systems.
- Removable, so they don’t change the look of the house when not in use.
- Strong, and can provide excellent protection for both doors and windows.
- Require storage, but usually stack together tightly and take up little space.
- Hanging may require more than one person.
- Have sharp edges.
The Local and Reliable Storm Shutter Company
For hurricane protection that you can count on, look no further than Armor Building Solutions. Since 1996, our storm panel installers have gone above and beyond to deliver storm panels in the Lowcountry that are not only durable but also cost-effective and easy to use. We are proudly located near Bluffton, SC, but we also serve the needs of homeowners in Savannah, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, and the surrounding areas.
To get started, call us or fill out our online form to request your free, no-obligation estimate.